Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Giving this "Podcast" thing a try

I have long been curious about these Podcast things and am glad to have finally gotten my feet wet. It may seem ironic that someone who worked for the largest agriculture news outlet in America (Brownfield Radio Network) would have never produced or even listend to a Podcast. But here I am.
So what Podcast had the honor of being my first? Well I first downloaded several clips from Comedy Central through the iTunes store. While these were certainly entertaining, I decided that since this was an assignment for my Capstone class, perhaps I should try something a little more educational. I chose the Demomcracy Now Podcast by Amy Goodman. It was an hour long so I listenend to it while getting ready for school. Monday's cast was primarlily about the primaries (no pun intended). It began with brief clips of candidates campaign efforts over the weekend and then moved onto a variety of "know-it-all" commentators telling us who was the best choice. Overall, I thought this was a useful experience since it helped me to shift through a few of the candidates' issues in a relatively short amount of time. I am certain my first Podcast will not be my last.

No comments: